BITSAT means Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude Test. This exam is conducted by the BITS Pilani. BITS provides admissions for the Engineering and Other Professional Courses. The candidates who qualified in the BITSAT Exam can get the admission in BITS campuses in Goa, Hyderabad, and Pilani.
BITSAT Examination Details 2018
BITSAT is a computer based online test for Admission to Graduation programs in Engineering. This test is conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology. It is one of the best institutions in India which provides admissions for the Engineering and other Professional Courses. Every year it releases the BITSAT exam notification in the month of January. The BITSAT examination is conducted in the month of April and May. Based on the SAT Score, the BITS give the admissions to the candidates.
Birla Institute of Technology(BITS)
BITS or Bits Pilani is an Indian institute of higher education. Also, a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. It has the 15 academic departments and mainly focuses on undergraduate education in engineering and the sciences and its management program. Hence, BITS is known as the best private institute for engineering courses. It stands in top position among the top engineering colleges and B-Schools. It was established in the year of 1963. BITS has established centers at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai.
BITSAT Exam Dates and Overview
|Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test.|
|Board Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani University.|
|Exam Level||University Level.|
|Starting date to apply||December 2017.|
|Last date to apply||March 2018.|
|Last date for Application corrections||March 2018.|
|Exam Center Allotment Date||March 2018.|
|last date for Slot Booking||April 2018.|
|BITSAT Hall ticket 2018 Available from||May 2018.|
|BITSAT Exam Date||May 2018.|
|Apply for Admissions with 12th marks and Preferences||June 2018.|
|Results release date||July 2018.|
|Rank cards last date||July 2018 Onwards.|
Courses Offered for BITSAT Exam 2018
Birla Institute of Technology offers different courses for the 12th pass candidates. BITS offers the following different courses.
- Integrated First Degree Programmes – B.E., B.Pharm., M.Sc. degrees.
- Higher Degree programs – M.E./ M.Pharm./MBA.
- Ph.D. courses – Doctoral programs.
BITSAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
Check the below points to know the eligibility criteria for the BITS Science Aptitude Test Exam.
- The students who have finished the 12th class from a recognized university are eligible for the BITSAT exam.
- Candidates must get have 60% marks in the Group Subjects like Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics are eligible for the exam.
- Only Students, who are appearing for 12th examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2016, are eligible to appear in the online test.
Eligibility conditions for the Direct Admission
BITS Pilani will give the direct admissions for the candidates who got the first rank in the respective examinations. Check here for the eligibility to get the direct admissions in the BITS Campuses.
- The candidate should be the topper from the science stream having taken Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in 12th.
- An aspirant must obtain the highest aggregate among all the candidates who have taken physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology as their subjects in 12th class.
Check the below table for the BITSAT syllabus, previous papers, result, etc.